so obviously, i needed to crochet yet another hat, right? i’ve been wanting to make a newsboy hat for quite awhile. despite looking at seemingly hundreds of patterns, i never found one that i liked – or if i did, the projects on ravelry discouraged me because they either didn’t look that great or people said they needed to heavily modify the pattern. then i found this pattern, complete with tons of successful project photos and comments, so i decided to give it a try. i love it! it took about 3 hours and the instructions were very easy to understand. the only modification i made was leaving out one row at the end of the main cap because i didn’t want it quite as slouchy. it’s perfect! haven’t added buttons yet because i didn’t have any laying around. maybe i will add some eventually, but this is wear-in-public-worthy as is. the brim was pretty floppy originally, so i shaped it and sprayed on some starch and that seemed to do the trick. the fella isn’t always a huge fan of my crochet creations, but he even thought this was a pretty stylish hat!